VESAThe Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) is an international body that has issued a number of standards, mostly relating to the functioning of video peripherals in IBM PC compatible computers.
Among VESA's standards:
- VESA Local Bus (VLB), used at one time as a fast video bus (akin to the modern AGP).
- VESA BIOS Extensions (VBE), used for enabling standard support for advanced video modes (at high resolutions and color depths)
- VESA Display Data Channel (DDC), allowing monitors to identify themselves to the video boards they're attached to.
- VESA Display Power Management Signaling, which allows monitors to be queried on the types of power saving modes they support
- A number of standards relating to flat-panel screens, video connectors, video cable timings etc.