Time codeA time code is a sequence of numeric codes generated at regular intervals by a timing system. Time codes are used extensively for synchronization.
'SMPTE time code' family of timecodes used in film, video and audio production:
- Linear timecode
- Vertical interval timecode
- Burnt-in timecode
- MIDI timecode
- AES-EBU embedded timecode
- IRIG time codes Used for military, government and commercial purposes.
- 'Timecode: A user's guide, second edition' by John Ratcliff, [Focal Press]
- 'A Technical Introduction to Digital Video' by Charles Poynton