The Juilliard SchoolThe Juilliard School is a music conservatory in New York City. Now located at Lincoln Center, the school instructs eight hundred undergraduates and graduate students in music, dance, and drama.
The Juilliard School traces its roots to the Institute of Musical Art founded by Dr. Frank Damrosch in 1905 at Fifth Avenue and 12th Street. It moved in 1910 to Claremont Avenue. In 1926 it merged with the Juilliard Graduate School which had been founded in 1924 with a bequest made by a textile manufacturer, Augustus D. Juilliard, becoming the Juilliard School of Music.
In 1969 the school was moved to Lincoln Center, and changed its name to The Juilliard School.