TablesTables is a generic name given to a class of board games similar to Backgammon. During the 16th century the name Tables was sometimes also used to describe chess.
Games in the Tables family include,
- Irish, popular 17th century British game.
- Astronomical Tables, 13th century, 7-sided game.
- Imperator, game described in the Alfonso X manuscript.
- El Mundo, four player game described in the Alfonso X manuscript
- Six, Deuce, and Ace, game described in the Alfonso X manuscript.
- Trictrac, a more complicated game similar to ticktack, believed to be french.