Star Trek: Deep Space NineStar Trek: Deep Space Nine is the third in a series of sequels and prequels to the television show Star Trek. It is set aboard a former Cardassian space station (the Deep Space Nine of the title) in orbit of the planetary system of Bajor. In the first episode, the crew discover the presence nearby of a wormhole, the Celestial Temple of Bajoran prophesy, which allows the DS9 crew to travel to the Gamma Quadrant.
The crew aboard the station face many struggles, including a major war with the Dominion, an array of previously unseen alien races, led by "the Founders", a race of shape-shifters. The Founders genetically engineered some of these new races to worship them as gods.
The series strayed from the original tone of Star Trek by being a little darker, and by being less focused on exploration. It also contains many religious themes and overtones, with the Bajorans worshipping "the Prophets"--a race of alien beings living outside time in the worm hole. A story arc which extends from the first episode through to its conclusions involves the station's captain's predestined role as the "emissary" of the Prophets. Episode List
DS9 was on for 7 seasons, from 1993 to 1999.
- Benjamin Sisko, played by Avery Brooks
- Odo, played by Rene Auberjonois
- Ezri Dax, played by Nicole de Boer
- Worf, played by Michael Dorn
- Jadzia Dax, played by Terry Farrell
- Jake Sisko, played by Cirroc Lofton
- Miles O'Brien, played by Colm Meaney
- Quark, played by Armin Shimerman
- Julian Bashir, played by Alexander Siddig
- Kira Nerys, played by Nana Visitor