Radio Data SystemRadio Data System, or RDS, is a standard for sending small amounts of digital information over conventional FM radio broadcasts. RDS also standardizes a number of types of information transmitted using the system, including time, station identification and similar information. RDS is widely used in Europe. While an almost-identical system is available in North America, known as RBDS, it is not widely used there.
The following information fields are normally contained in the RDS data - See also (PDF) RDS Features Serving as Tuning Aids:
- AF, Alternate frequencies.
- CT, Clock Time.
- EON, Enhanched Other Networks
- PS Program Service
- PTY, Program Type.
- REG, Regionale links
- RT, Radio Text, Radiotekst.
- TA, TP, Travel announcements
- TMC, Traffic Message Channel. Demands a RDS-TMC decoder.
Technical RDS-TMC (External addresses)
Technical (External addresses)
- 68hc11 based RDS decoder, Alternativ adresse
- Carsten Groß: My RDS decoder and homemade computer
- (16F84 baseret) Hollies RDS decoder
- Program Identification decoder
- PI CODES DBASE
- FM MEDIA PLAZA
- European FM Handbook 2002-2003, The Directory of European FM Broadcasting!
- Google: DX and Radio Groups
- RDS addresses