ProjectionThe word projection can mean more than one thing.
- In cartography, a map projection
- In psychology, psychological projection
- 3D projection, Orthographic projection and isometric projection are ways of representing 3D scenes in 2D
- In mathematics a projection is a linear transformation such as that taking (x, y, z) in three dimensions to (x, y) in the plane; or generalisations of this in other dimensions.
- In cinematography, projection is the display of a movie in a theater using a film projector, which is likely to be replaced by digital projection