Pink is a color sometimes described as being a light red. There are many different shades of this color. The colour was named after the flowers of the same name, some parts of some of those flowers being that colour.
On a browser that supports visual formatting in Cascading Style Sheets, the following box should appear in this color:
Pink is also:
- The stage name of a popular singer; see Pink (musician).
- The name of the leading character, also a musician, in Pink Floyd's The Wall.
- A type of sailing vessel; see Pink (ship).
- A family of flowers of the order Caryophyllales, not necessarily pink in color; see Pink (flower).
- An informal name for a European minnow.
- A term describing the use of pinking shears on fabric.
- A slang, derisive term for a communist.
- A concept of the Church of the SubGenius.
- A town in Oklahoma; see Pink, Oklahoma.
- The codename for an operating system developed by Apple Computer, but never finished. See Taligent