PerugiaPerugia (population 150,000) is a city in the region of Umbria in central Italy, near the Tiber river.
In the nineteenth century, Perugia freed itself from papal rule and became part of the Kingdom of Italy.
Perugia is the birthplace of the famous painter Perugino whose birth name is Pietro Vannucci. Another famous painter, Pinturicchio lived in Perugia.
- Church of San Pietro (late 16th century)
- Basilica of San Domenico (begun in 1394)
- Galleria Nazionale, the National Gallery of Perugia
- Umbrian Museum of Archaeology
- Church of Sant' Ercolano
- Fortress of Rocca Paolina
- Piazza Matteotti
- Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo
- The Tribunali
- Palazzo dei Priori (town hall)
- Teatro Comunale Morlacchi