North York Moors National ParkNorth York Moors National Park is a National Park in the north of England. Its size is 554 sq. m. (1,436 sq. km), and it is the largest expanse of heather moorland in Britain. 83 % of the Park's area is in private ownership.
In the National Park area:
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Cleveland Way National trail (long distance footpath)
- Forge Valley NNR National Nature Reserve
- Farndale LNR Local Nature Reserve
- Yorkshire Wildlife Trust Reserves: Ashberry Pastures, Bridestones, Ellerburn Bank, Fen Bog, Garbutt Wood, Hagg wood Marsh, Hayburn Wyke, Littlebeck.
- River Seven, River Dove, River Rye, River Seph, River Esk