Microsoft OfficeMicrosoft Office is a series of suites of productivity programs by Microsoft.
They have generally included:
- Word word processor,
- Excel spreadsheet,
- Outlook Personal information manager and communication software
- PowerPoint presentation software,
- Access database manager
- Microsoft Entourage Personal information manager and communication software for Apple Macintosh only
- Microsoft Publisher Desktop publishing software
- Microsoft FrontPage web design software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser
- Microsoft Visio diagram software
- Microsoft Project project manager
- Microsoft MapPoint mapping software
- Office 4.3 (The last 16-bit version; Word 6.0, etc.)
- Office 95 (Word 95, etc.)
- Office 97 (Word 97, etc.)
- Office 2000 (Word 2000, etc.)
- Office XP (Word 2002, etc.)
- Office 2003 (Word 2003, etc.) - released October 21, 2003
Beginning with the 1997 edition, Microsoft Agent (in 2000 and up) and a similar actor technology (in 97) have been used to provide the Office Assistant, sometimes dubbed "Clippy" or "Clippit", an interactive help tool.
Apple Macintosh versions include:
- Office 98 (Word 98, etc)
- Office 2001 (Word 2002, etc)
- Office v.X (Word X, etc)
See alsoOpenOffice, KOffice and GNOME Office (Open source alternatives).
WPS Office is an alternative to Microsoft Office aimed at the Chinese market.