Mary StewartMary Stewart (born 1916) is a popular English novelist, best known for her trilogy about Merlin, which straddles the boundary between the historical novel and the fantasy genre.
She is also the author of many mystery/romance novels, several of which have been adapted for television and/or film. Several of her books are set in Scotland; others are set in exotic locations such as Damascus, the Greek islands, Spain, France, Austria, etc.
- The Merlin Trilogy
- Madam, Will You Talk?
- Wildfire at Midnight
- Thunder on the Right
- Nine Coaches Waiting
- My Brother Michael
- The Ivy Tree
- The Moon-Spinners
- This Rough Magic
- Airs Above the Ground
- The Gabriel Hounds
- The Wind Off the Small Isles (not published in U.S.)
- The Little Broomstick (children's novel)
- Ludo and the Star Horse (children's novel)
- Touch Not the Cat
- A Walk in Wolf Wood (children's novel)
- The Wicked Day (sequel to the Merlin trilogy)
- Frost on the Window and other poems
- Stormy Petrel
- The Prince and the Pilgrim
- Rose Cottage