MahdiThe Mahdi is a man that is believed by the Muslims to come at the end of the times.
The Mahdi is not to be confused with the Messiah Isa son of Mary (Jesus). They are two different persons, who will both appear in the Last Days. al-Mahdi will precede the second coming of the Messiah Isa son of Mary. The Messiah Isa (Jesus) will be able to slay ad-Dajjal (the false Messiah); al-Mahdi will not be capable of this.
Khalif Ali, the fourth Khalif in Islam, reported that the Prophet Muhammad said, "Even if only a day remains for Qiyamah [Day of Judgment] to come, yet Allah will surely send a man from my family who will fill this world with such justice and fairness, just as it initially was filled with oppression."
According to other reported sayings by the Prophet Muhammad some of the features of al-Mahdi are:
- He will be tall
- He will be fair complexioned
- His facial features will be similar to those of the Prophet Muhammad
- His character will be like that of the Prophet Muhammad
- His father's name will be Abdullah [same as Prophet Muhammad's father]
- His mother's name will be Aamina [same as Prophet Muhammad's mother]
- He will speak with a slight stutter
- He will occasionally hit his hand upon his thigh when he stutters
- His age at the time of his emergence will be forty years
- He will receive Knowledge from Allah