List of biographersBiographers: Are authors who write an account of another person's life.
Autobiographer: Authors who write their own biography.
Some notable authors of biographies are:
- Ellis Amburn - United States
- James Boswell - Scotland
- Antonia Fraser - England
- Martin Gilbert - England: best known for multiple books on Winston Churchill
- Lee Iacocca - United States
- Robert Lacey - England
- Barbara Levick - English; specialising in Roman emperors
- Frank McCourt - United States - Pulitzer Prize Winner
- Lytton Strachey - English
- Alison Weir - "popular" history
- Patrick White - Australia
- Theodore White - United States
- A. N. Wilson - England