Lex BarkerLex Barker (May 8, 1919 - April 11, 1973) was born 'Alexander Crichlow Barker, Jr. in Rye, New York. He is best known as the tenth actor to play Tarzan in the movies, and starred in nearly thirty movies in the 1940s and 1950s. During this time he enlisted to fight in World War II and eventually rose to the rank of Major.
In 1957, as he found it harder and harder to find work in American films, Lex moved to Europe and found popularity and starred in over forty European films, especially in Germany where he won the Bambi Award as Best Foreign Actor in 1966.
He married five times:
- Constanze Thurlow (1942 - 1950) (divorced)
- Arlene Dahl (1951 - 1952) (divorced)
- Lana Turner (8 September 1953 - 22 July 1957) (divorced)
- Irene Labhardt (1957 - 1962) (marriage ended at her death)
- Maria del Carmen Cervera (1965 - 1972) (divorce not valid, marriage ended with his death), who later became the fifth wife of Baron Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza