- Land is sometimes used synonymously with country.
- The land is the part of the Earth that is not covered by oceans or other bodies of water.
- In economics, land is a factor of production. It refers to naturally occurring goods, such as soil and minerals, real estates, that are used in the production of other goods.
- The terms motherland, fatherland, and homeland refer to someone's country of affiliation, birth or ancestral origin.
- Bundesland (plural: Bundeslšnder) is the name for the states of Germany and the states of Austria.
- Historically the parts of the Scandinavian kingdoms were called lands of the respective peoples, as in for instance Jutland (the land of the Jutes), Gotland (the land of the Goths), or the historical lands of Sweden and lands of Denmark.
- To land, i.e. the landing, is the final part of a flight.