The LaFayette Motors Corporation
was a United States
Founded 1919 ?
LaFayette Motors was named in honor of the Marquis de la Fayette, and LaFayette autos had a cameo of the Marquis as their logo.
LaFayette was originally headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana and made luxury motor cars. LaFayette inovations include the first electric clock in an auto.
In 1921 Charles W. Nash became president of LaFayette. Nash was already president of Nash Motors, but for a time the two brands remained separate companies, although Nash Motors was a LaFayette Motors stock holder.
In 1922 LaFayette's facilities were moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
LaFayette Four-Door Coupe, 1921
In 1924 Nash Motors became full owner of LaFayette Motors, and the name was retired soon after.
In 1934 Nash re-introduced the LaFayette name for a line of less expensive autos; this LaFayette line continued through 1941.
See also: List of automobiles