Household WordsHousehold Words was a weekly journal edited by Charles Dickens, it was published between 1850 and 1859. In 1859 it was replaced by All the Year Round.
The journal contained a mixture of fiction and nonfiction. A large amount of the non-ficiton dealt with the social issues of the time.
A number of prominent novels were serialized in Household Words including,
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- No Name by Wilkie Collins
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Song of the Western Men by Robert Stephen Hawker
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell