Hobgoblin (Spiderman Villain)The Hobgoblin is a comic book supervillain appearing in Marvel Comics' Amazing Spider-Man series.
The Hobgoblin came into being when Roderick Kingsley discovered an abandoned secret lair of the supervillain known as the Green Goblin (who was believed at the time to be dead). Using the Green Goblin's equipment, Kingsley (as the Hobgoblin) set out to plague Spider-Man. Eventually Kingley met a fate shared by many Spiderman villains.
Later, another character took up the guise of the Hobgoblin, Jason Philip Macendale Jr. (AKA Jack o' Lanturn). This Hobgoblin was very intent upon finding the secret formula of super human strength of the original Green Goblin. Frustrated with his lack of results in reproducing the formula, Macendale would later attempt other avenues to this end.
During a demonic incursion on New York the Hobgoblin attempted to make a deal with Demons from Limbo in exchange for the abilities of the original Green Goblin. He was tricked and transformed into a literal hobgoblin, with his equipment replaced by mystical equivalents. Macendale lost his sanity at that point.
- Name: Jason Philip Macendale Jr.
- Hieght: 6'1"
- Wieght: 210 lbs.
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Black
- Intelligence Level: Gifted (possibly deteriorated due to insanity)
- Strength Level: Superhuman Class 10
- Endurance Level: Metahuman
- Speed Level: Superhuman, subsonic with magical transport
- Agility Level: Enhanced human
- Stamina Level: Enhanced human
- Reflexes Level: Enhanced human