HMS WarriorHMS Warrior (1860) (also known as Vernon III and Oil Fuel Hulk C77) the world's first true iron warship. As well as being propelled by sails she was also one of the first warships to be propelled by steam.
Her masts and guns were stripped when she was used as a depot ship for two years. Her name was changed to Vernon III in 1904, when she joined Portsmouth-based HMS Vernon, the Royal Navy's torpedo training school. Her role was supplying steam and electricity to neighbouring hulks.
The old battleship did not sell when she was put up for sale in 1924. Five years on, she was given the name Oil Fuel Hulk C77 when starting life as a shipkeeper's home and floating oil jetty at Pembroke Dock in Wales.