Grid (disambiguation)The term grid has several meanings in various fields:
- in mathematics and geometry, a grid is a system of two sets of lines intersect each other at a fixed angle, usually a right angle (i.e. a set of vertical lines and a set of horizontal lines): see grid plan;
- in electrical engineering,
- in computer architecture, the word grid sometimes refers to a network with a topology similar to a grid: see grid computing;
- in medicine, GRID was an acronym for ''"Gay Related Immune Deficiency" and was the accepted name for AIDS prior to 1982;
- in Norse mythology, Grid was a giantess who knew that Loki was trying to trick Thor into being killed by Geirrod. She gave Thor her iron gloves and magical belt and staff to fight the frost giant.