Foreign relations of the United StatesInternational Dispute
- Maritime boundary disputes with Canada (Dixon Entrance, Beaufort Sea, Strait of Juan de Fuca, Machias Seal Island)
- US Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay is leased from Cuba and only mutual agreement or US abandonment of the area can terminate the lease
- Haiti claims Navassa Island
- US has made no territorial claim in Antarctica (but has reserved the right to do so) and does not recognize the claims of any other nation
- Marshall Islands claims Wake Island.
- consumer of cocaine shipped from Colombia through Mexico and the Caribbean
- consumer of heroin, marijuana, and increasingly methamphetamines from Mexico
- consumer of high-quality Southeast Asian heroin
- illicit producer of cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens, and methamphetamines
- drug-money-laundering center
The United States provides military aid through many different channels. Counting the items that appear in the budget as 'Foreign Military Financing' and 'Plan Colombia', the US spent approximately $4.5 billion in military aid in 2001, of which $2 billion went to Israel, $1.3 billion went to Egypt, and $1 billion went to Colombia.