Elias DisneyElias Disney (February 6, 1859 - September 13, 1941) was born in Ontario, Canada, to Kepple Disney II and Mary Richardson. He became a farmer and a businessman with little success. He is best known as the father of Walt Disney. Elias moved to California with his father in 1878 in hopes of finding gold. Instead, Kepple was convinced by an agent of the Union Pacific Railroad to buy two hundred acres of land near Ellis, Kansas. Elias worked on his father's new farm until 1884, when he left to find another job. He was hired in a railroad machine shop (one of his co-workers was Walter Chrysler), then he joined the railroad crew building the Union Pacific line through Colorado. After the railroad contact was over, he became a professional fiddle player in Denver.
Again he was unsuccessful, and he returned to his father's farm.
- Herbert Arthur Disney, born on December 8, 1888.
- Raymond Arnold Disney, born on December 30, 1890.
- Roy Oliver Disney, born on June 24, 1893.
- Walter Elias Disney, born on December 5, 1901 and better known as Walt Disney.
- Ruth Flora Disney, born on December 6, 1903.