DeobandiThe Deobandi are Sunni Muslims of South Asia and Afghanistan who follow the fiqh (judisprudence) of Imam Abu Hanifa.
The 5 main points of the Deobandi movement are:
- Tawheed: (Monotheism) of Allah, no one shares His attributes.
- Sunnah: Following and loving the methodology of the Messenger of Allah, Muhammad (May Allah send blessings upon him) in every small and big matter.
- Hubb us Sahaabah: Love of the companions of the Messenger of Allah, (May Allah be pleased with them) and following their way.
- Taqleed wal Ittiba': Giving preference to the judisprudence of the pious friends of Allah (رحمهم الله) who were closer to the Messenger of Allah, instead of giving preference to our own fiqh rulings.
- Jihaad fi Sabeelillah: Doing Jihaad in the way of Allah against every evil.
See also: Islam