Deep fryingDeep frying is cooking food by submerging the whole food item in hot oil or fat. See also frying.
Some deep fried food:
- Chicken fried steak
- Chicken wings
- Doughnut - a deep fried piece of dough or batter
- French fries (or Chip in British English) - fried potato
- Fried chicken
- Fried Shrimp
- Mars Bars - a delicacy of the North of England and Scotland. These are a popular candy (US) bar that has been dipped in batter first.
- Potato chips (crisps in British English)
- Scotch eggs
- Tempura - a Japanese technique consisting of a special batter and oil
- Battered Black Pudding - (aka. Blood Pudding) is another delicacy of the North of England and Scotland, especially Glasgow, Scotland. Individual (small) black puddings are battered and deep fried. Served with chips. Sold in Fish & Chip Shops as a take-away.