Cuisine of ThailandRice is a staple component of Thai cuisine, as it is of most south-east Asian cuisines. Fairly bland rice or noodle dishes are accompanied by highly aromatic curries, stir-fries and other dishes, incorporating large quantities of chillies, lime juice and lemon grass.
Many Thai dishes use kaffir lime leaves, usually fresh - its characteristic flavour appears in nearly every Thai soup (e.g., the hot and sour tom yam), stir-fry or curry.
Famous Thai dishes:
- Tom Yum Gung - hot & sour soup with seafood
- Tom Yum Gai - hot & sour soup with chicken
- Tom Ka Gai - hot sweet soup with chicken and coconut
- Satay - grilled meat served with peanut sauce (originated in Indonesia)
- Pad Thai - pan-fried rice noodles with various ingredients
- Red Curry
- Gaeng Keow Waen - sweet green curry
- Yellow Curry