CentenarianA centenarian is a person who has attained the age of 100 years or more. Much rarer, a supercentenarian is a person who has lived to the age of 110 or more.
- Mitoyo Kawate - currently the oldest living person, 114, born in 1889
- Jeanne Calment - oldest person ever whose age has been verified by modern documentation; born 1875, lived to the age of 122
- Shigechiyo Izumi (1865-1986) - oldest male ever recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records
- Christian Mortensen (1882-1998) - oldest male widely accepted by scholars
- Habib Miyan - unauthenticated claim to be 132; believed by Indian court to be at least 125 (in 2003), having retired in 1938.
List of centenarians
Here is a list of well-known centenarians (with supercentenarians emphasized strongly).
This list is divided into sub-lists, according to how the centenarian became well known.
Jurists/practitioners of law
Relative of someone well-known
Known for attaining high age
supercentenarian, Last Surviving Veteran