Body fluids in artA relatively new trend in contemporary art is to use body fluids in art. Examples include:
- The controversial Piss Christ (1987), by Andres Serrano, which is a photograph of a crucifix submerged in urine;
- Self (1991, recast 1996) by Marc Quinn, a frozen cast of the artist's head made entirely of his own blood;
- Piss Flowers, by Helen Chadwick (1991-92), are twelve white-enamelled bronzes cast from cavities made by urinating in snow;
- many paintings by Chris Ofili, which make use of elephant dung (from 1992).
- Gilbert and George's The Naked Shit Pictures (1995)