Beta can have any of the following meanings:
- 'Beta'\ (Β β) is the 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet and has a numeric value of 2. Beta should not be confused with a similar-looking but unrelated letter in German language orthography, ß.
- In software development, a "beta version" of a product is one that is still in development but is published for testing purpose. See development stage.
- BETA is an object-oriented programming language.
- Beta is an abbreviation for Betamax.
- In Rock Climbing, a slang term for information about the movements needed to do a specific climb. As in "I'm having trouble getting up this route - could you give me some beta?"
- Beta is a plant genus (family Chenopodiaceae).