ApolloniaThere have been several places called Apollonia:
- A local hub for travelers and tradesmen, and a center of learning, in Illyria near to the sea and the river Vjosë, 12 km from Fier, Albania. The emperor Augustus had studied there as a youth.
- In Macedonia alongst the Via Egnatia a town midway on route from Thessalonica and Amphipolis.
- A town in Thrace on the shore of the Black Sea.
- A fort or castle near to Naupactus.
- A sea port town in Northern Sicily.
- A town astride the river Rhyndacus in Bithynia next to the lake Apolloniatis.
- The birthplace of Eratosthenes in Cyrenaica within the harbour of Cyrene. One of the five towns forming the Libyan Pentapolis.
Apollonia was also the stage name of Apollonia Kotero.