- The Vandals and Suebi break through Constantine III's garrsions into Spain. The Suebi settle themselves in the northwestern corner.
- Constantine III's general Gernontius revolts in Spain, and elevates his own candidate for Roman Emperor.
- Alaric lays siege to Rome a second time; with agreement of the Senate he sets up Priscus Attalus as western emperor
- Northern Wei Ming Yuan Di succeeds Northern Wei Dao Wu Di as ruler of the Chinese Northern Wei Dynasty (see Northern dynasties)
- Saint Bassiano, first bishop of Lodi, Italy