1952 in CanadaSee also: 1951 in Canada, other events of 1952, 1953 in Canada and the list of 'years in Canada'.
- January 24 - Vincent Massey sworn in as first Canada-born Governor-General of Canada
- February 6 - Elizabeth II becomes Queen of Canada upon the death of her father George VI.
- February 14 - February 25 - Winter Olympics in Oslo, Canada wins men's hockey gold
- August 1 - W. A. C. Bennett becomes premier of British Columbia
- Fighting in the Korean War drags on as the factions attempt to negotiate an armistice.
- September 6 - The first CBC television station goes on the air in Montreal, Quebec
- The Detroit Red Wings sweep the Montreal Canadiens to win the Stanley Cup
- Roy Thomson aquires The Scotsman and emmigrates to Britain
- Hugh John Flemming elected premier of New Brunswick
- Painters Eleven founded
- Lester B. Pearson is elected president of the United Nations
- June 22 - Graham Greene - actor
- July 1 - Dan Aykroyd - actor
- July 3 - Rohinton Mistry - author
- Di Brandt - poet