190 BCCenturies: 3rd century BC - 2nd century BC - 1st century BC
- Battle of the Eurymedon Roman forces under Lucius Aemilius Regillus defeat a Seleucid fleet commanded by Hannibal, fighting his last battle.
- Battle of Myonessus Another Seleucid fleet is defeated by the Romans
- December: Battle of Magnesia. Seleucids under Antiochus III the Great of Syria defeated by Romans under Scipio Asiaticus, his brother Scipio Africanus Major, and Gnaeus Domitius.
- Hipparchus, Greek astronomer and mathematician, in Nicaea, Bithynia (now Turkey) (+ 120 BC) (approximate date, another possible date is 194 BC).
- Dionysius Thrax, Greek scholar. (approximate date)