- Louis XIV of France passed the "Code Noir," allowing the full use of slaves in the French colonies.
- January 11 - The Parliament of England declares King James II of England deposed.
- February 13 - William III and Mary II are proclaimed co-rulers of England, Scotland and Ireland.Scotland and Ireland do not yet recognize them.
- April 11 - The Estates of Scotland declare King James VII of Scotland deposed.
- April 11 - Crowning of co-rulers King William III and Mary II as King and Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland.Ireland does not recognize them yet.
- May 12 - King William's War: William III of England joins the League of Augsburg starting the war.
- May 24 - The Act of Toleration passes the English Parliament protecting Protestants (Roman Catholics are intentionally excluded).
- July 27 - Glorious Revolution: Battle of Killiecrankie ends
- August 5 - 1,500 Iroquois attack village of Lachine, in New France.
- December 16 - The official declaration of the English Bill of Rights