1625Centuries: 16th century - 17th century - 18th century
- March 27 - Prince Charles Stuart becomes King Charles I of England, Scotland and Ireland.
- June 13 - Marriage of King Charles I of England, Scotland and Ireland and Henrietta Maria, Princess of France and Navarra.
- The English Parliament refuses to vote Charles I the right to collect customs duties for his entire reign, restricting him to one year instead.
- William Oughtred invents the slide rule.
- James Ussher becomes Archbishop of Armagh.