- January 18 - Lima, Peru founded by Francisco Pizarro
- June 24 - The Anabaptist state of Münster is conquered and disbanded.
- May 19 - French explorer Jacques Cartier sets sail for his second voyage to North America with 3 ships, 110 men, and Chief Donnacona's 2 sons (who Cartier kidnapped during his first voyage).
- October 2 - Jacques Cartier discovers Montreal, Quebec.
- Combined Swedish and Danish fleets defeat the Hanseatic navy.
- April 1535 - Jacques Cartier discovers the Iroquois city of Stadacona, Canada (now Quebec) and in May, the even greater Huron city of Hochelaga (now Montreal)
- Manco II appointed puppet Inca Emperor by Spanish Conquistadors
- Second unsuccessful attempt by Spanish forces to conquer Yucatan
- Carlos Quinto conquers Tunis