- April 30 - Battle of the Sesia - Spanish forces under Charles de Lannoy defeat the French army in Italy under William de Bonnivet. The French, now commanded by François de St. Pol, withdraw from Italy.
- August - September - Siege of Marseille by Imperial forces under the Duke of Bourbon
- October 28 - A French army invading Italy under King Francis besieges Pavia.
- Giovanni da Verrazzano is the first European to sight the island of Manhattan, the future New York City.
- The Peasants' War in Germany (1524-1525)