- March 14 - The Queen of Cyprus, Catherine Cornaro, sells her kingdom to Venice.
- November 29 - Arthur Tudor is named Prince of Wales.
- December 11 - Jeannetto de Tassis is appointed appointed Chief Master of Postal Services in Innsbruck, his descendants the Turn und Taxis family later run much of the postal system of Europe.
- Typhus sweeps through Spain, its first appearance in Europe.
- Nicosia, Cyprus becomes a possession of Venice.
- King Henry VII gives a city charter to Southwold.
- Lucas Watzenrode becomes bishop of Warmia.
- Thomas Cranmer, Archbishop of Canterbury under Henry VIII (+ 1556)
- November 28- Margaret Tudor (dau. Henry VII of England).