- April 9 - Edward V becomes King of England.
- April - King Edward V of England and his younger brother Richard, Duke of York reside in the Tower of London. Later this year rumors of their murders start circulating. By December the rumors have reached France.This is the beginning of the mystery concerning the fates of the two Princes in the Tower.
- June 25 - Before his coronation King Edward V of England is deposed by his uncle, Richard, Duke of Gloucester, who becomes King as Richard III of England.
- July 6 - Richard III crowned king of England.
- October - A rebellion by the Duke of Buckingham is crushed by Richard III
- February 14 - Zahir al-Din Mohammed Babur Shah, founder of the Moghul dynasty (+ 1530)
- April 6 - Rafael, Italian painter and architect (+ 1520)
- November 10 - Martin Luther, German Christian theologian and Augustinian monk, later Protestant founder of Lutheran Reformation.
- December 3 - Nicolaus Von Amsdorf, German Prontestant reformer.
- Thomas Parr, according to his claims to be 152 years old in 1635 (uncorfirmed).