- March - Edward IV returns to England to reclaim his throne.
- April 14 - Battle of Barnet - Edward defeats the Lancastrian army under Warwick, who is killed.
- May 4 - Battle of Tewkesbury - King Edward defeats a Lancastrian army under Queen Margaret and the Prince of Wales, who is killed. This practically destroys the Lancastrian cause.
- May 20 - Henry VI of England is murdered in the Tower of London and Edward IV becomes King of England.
- October 10 - Battle of Brunkeberg in Stockholm Sten Sture's forces with help of farmers and miners repels an attack by Danish king Christian I
- Topa Inca takes Inca throne
- May 21 - Albrecht Dürer, German artist, writer and mathematician
- October 7 - King Frederick I of Denmark