- July 13 - Battle of Montlhéry - Troops of King Louis XI of France fight inconclusively against an army of the great nobles organized as the League of the Public Weal.
- Amadeus IX of Savoy becomes Duke of Savoy
- Former King Henry VI of England is captured by Yorkist forces and imprisoned in the Tower of London. Queen Margaret and the Prince of Wales had fled to France.
- February 11 - Elizabeth of York, British consort of King Henry VII
- Francisco Alvarez (exact date unknown)
- Hector Boece, Scottish historian
- Philibert I of Savoy
- Johann Tetzel
- Yoshihisa, Ashikaga shogun