- May 10 - Scottish nobles recognize the authority of King Edward I of England.
- August 1 - The Swiss Confederation is formed by the cantons of Uri, Schwyz, Obwalden, Nidwalden, and Unterwalden (the Eternal Alliance).
- The Sultan of Egypt Khalil captures Acre, ending the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- James II becomes King of Aragon.
- Frederick III becomes regent of Sicily.
- Sancho IV of Castile captures Tarifa from the Moors.
- The Hapsburgs acquire Lucerne.
- Wenceslaus II of Bohemia becomes duke of Krakow.
- Grudziadz, Poland is chartered as a city.
- Saarburg, Germany is chartered as a town.
- Bratislava is chartered as a town.