- Valencia is captured by the Almoravids.
- Henry I of England orders the tomb of Edward the Confessor opened; the body is found undecayed.
- Henry I of England takes possession of Arundel Castle.
- The Hohenbaden castle is built in Baden-Baden, Germany.
- Boleslav III becomes king of Poland.
- coronation of Coloman of Hungary in the town of Biograd, adding the Croatian duchies of Slavonia and Dalmatia to the crown of Hungary.
- Crusaders capture Caesarea Palaestina.
- Crusaders defeat an Egyptian invasion of the Kingdom of Jerusalem near Ascalon.
- Dagobert of Pisa is briefly deposed as Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem (and restored later in the year).
- Raymond IV of Toulouse begins to besiege Tripoli, and takes the nominal title of count of Tripoli.
- Raymond IV of Toulouse is imprisoned by Tancred of Hauteville, regent of the Principality of Antioch.